IoT sensor reduces cost, increases detection accuracy for physical security and industrial uses
SUNNYVALE– Aug. 3, 2022
– Quanergy Systems, Inc., (NYSE: QNGY) (“Quanergy”) a leading provider of LiDAR sensors and smart 3D solutions, today announced the M1 Edge PoE LiDAR sensor, building on the company’s M1 Edge™ solution. This new IoT sensor expands Quanergy’s presence in the security Perimeter Intrusion Detection (PID) market, by providing higher detection accuracy at a lower price than competing LiDAR solutions. In addition, this sensor increases the number of industrial use cases that LiDAR can address.
Quanergy’s M1 Edge LiDAR sensors enable smart awareness for applications that require simple object detection and alerting capabilities. The M1 Edge PoE is ideal for any environment where threats can come from small objects or in hard-to-reach places. Such use cases include:
- Monitoring rooftops and indoor spaces for potential intruders
- Increasing data rack and cabinet security at data centers by detecting unauthorized access
- Creating a virtual fence around perimeter lines for commercial security applications to detect anomalous behavior and potentially dangerous objects being thrown over the fence
- Protection of critical infrastructure such as data centers, transportation hubs, oil and gas facilities, transformer substations and telecommunication facilities
- Perimeter Detection, Zone Protection and Anti Climb Prevention
- Detecting objects dropped by drones near prisons or other high security infrastructure facilities
The M1 Edge PoE’s industry-leading angular resolution allows it to detect objects as small as a ball or even a pen, with a high degree of accuracy up to tens of meters away from the sensor. When coupled with Quanergy’s MQ-8TM and QORTEX DTC™ products, it provides the most complete LiDAR-based security solution in the industry.
This new solution also expands Quanergy’s industrial use cases. The M1 Edge PoE can automate time-consuming and error-prone bin-picking applications and reduce accidents in Automated Storage and Retrieval Systems (ASRS). It allows for Power over Ethernet (PoE), simplified wiring for a lower installation cost, up to 16 evaluation fields and a higher number (up to 128) of configurable detection zones per evaluation field. It also integrates with QORTEX Aware™ perception software, enabling customers to create detection zones to monitor and flag any anomalies back to the main system.
Gerald Becker, vice president of market development and alliances, Quanergy, said: “We’re enabling smarter awareness for applications requiring simple object detection and alerting capabilities. The new M1 Edge PoE features provide increased coverage and more flexibility – and enable us to deliver new security solutions such as security zone detection for perimeter protection, fence line detection, and rooftop surveillance applications.”
Tony Rigoni, director of industrial markets, Quanergy, said: “By increasing the number of detection zones per field from three to 128, we can enable many more applications – many of which were previously unsolvable. The M1 Edge PoE is easy and quick to set up, enabling customers to rapidly collect and make use of LiDAR data.”
For more information, visit www.quanergy.com.
About Quanergy Systems, Inc.
Quanergy’s (NYSE: QNGY and QNGY.WS) mission is to create powerful, affordable smart LiDAR solutions for automotive and IoT applications to enhance people’s experiences and safety. Quanergy has developed the only true 100% solid-state CMOS LiDAR sensor built on optical phased array (OPA) technology to enable the mass production of low-cost, highly reliable 3D LiDAR solutions. Through Quanergy’s smart LiDAR solutions, businesses can now leverage real-time, advanced 3D insights to transform their operations in a variety of industries including industrial automation, physical security, smart cities, smart spaces and much more. Quanergy solutions are deployed by nearly 400 customers across the globe. For more information, please visit us at www.quanergy.com.
Shannon Van Every
In case of addition or removal of the article, please contact us as below: